Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Swap



This was my first swap I participated in and it was a blast. The Swap was called the 1/4inch bakery. The first picture are the items I made. Layer cake, a plate of cakesters, and a 4th of July sheet cake. If you want to know how I made them. I took the little foam dots that are used for scrapbooking to give a 3D effect. I put two together, they are already white so I didn't have to ice them just decorate them. Some I painted, and others I used finger nail decorations. Worked great. For the cakesters, I punched out 1/8th circles from black textured scrapbook paper and then took white air dry clay to use for the filling. The sheet cake is made from the white foam scrapbooking stuff. I cut it to size and hand painted the flag on it. For the round platters I used mini metal coins, and aluminum foil for the sheet cake.
The second picture is the items I received from the swap. I was like a little kid at Christmas when I got the package and opened it. There is some great talent out there and I'm glad to be a part of it. Till next time, stay safe and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment